FTM Steam Turbines
Franco Tosi Meccanica (FTM) is a leading steam turbine generator manufacturer, FTM have a fantastic reputation in the energy industry and are synonymous with superior quality and sustained reliability in the world of turbomachinery for Power Generation and Conversion. Franco Tosi Meccanica has designed, fabricated, and installed engineered steam turbines and equipment in some of the most challenging locations to meet their client’s needs. With one of the industry’s longest list of supplied equipment, FTM installations are still providing service today either as original or as enhanced equipment to meet their client’s changing needs and requirements. Due to the potential in the North American growth market, FTM has partnered with Energy Allied International as their exclusive representative and steam turbine supplier.
After more than 130 years of supply and performance, FTM has been 100% acquired by the Bruno Presezzi Group (BP), an equally experienced company providing equipment and services to the power generation industry. The combination of FTM and Bruno Presezzi enhances their ability to meet their client’s ever-expanding needs while providing the expected performance and reliability.
FTM uses a detailed modular approach throughout its entire product range, meaning we are able to supply versatile steam turbine drivers with proven reliability, efficiency, and flexibility. FTM power generation steam turbines are manufactured to meet the customer’s most stringent requirements and provide excellent value.
Contact Us for more information on supplied FTM steam turbines.
The following table summarizes the typical technical features of FTM’s steam turbines:
FTM’s capabilities include:
- 1,000+ turbines located in more than 40 countries
- Installed capacity in the Americas: Steam 3,749 MW, Hydro: 9,644 MW
- Installed worldwide capacity: 75,000+ MW
- Steam Turbines: 10 MW to 850 MW for Utility & Industrial applications
- Hydro Turbines: Up to 400 MW
- Gas and Air Compressors up to 50 MW
For utility applications, Franco Tosi Meccanica offers: Supercritical Steam condition, high efficiency reaction blading, straight condensing and cogeneration type.
Franco Tosi Meccanica History:
- Founded in 1881
- Acquired by the Bruno Presezzi Group in 2015.
- Machining and Assembly Shops in Legnano, Italy, located north of Milan, historical center of excellence for engineering, manufacturing and machining activities.
- Road access for oversize and heavy transports
- 20min drive from the Milano Malpensa / 30min drive from Milano.
- Total machining area 95,000 yards, divided in 5 bays
- Engineering, Machining shops, rotor welding shop, heat treatments, fabrication and welding shop, assembly, overspeed test bunker, NDT testing.
- Max lift 400,000 pounds